“Snaily” the snail is a fun easy animal to draw especially for kids. Here’s a step by step guide on how to draw a snail for kids (or anyone else who wants to learn)!
1. Start by drawing a big oval shape for the snail’s body. Make sure the oval is wider at the top and narrower at the bottom.
2. Then add two small oval shapes for the snail’s eyes. Draw them near the top of the big oval on either side of the head.
3. Next draw a spiral shape for the snail’s shell. Start at the top of the oval and spiral downwards. Make the lines close together at first and then space them out as you spiral downwards.
4. Finally add two small circles for the snail’s feelers (or tentacles). Draw them coming out from the sides of the head near the eyes.
That’s it! You’ve now drawn a cute snail. You can add color to your drawing if you like or leave it as is.
Here are a few more things to keep in mind when drawing a snail:
– The shell should be one continuous spiral. Don’t break it up into sections.
– The feelers should be the same length.
– The eyes should be about the same size.
– The oval shape of the body should be wider at the top than at the bottom.
– Draw the lines for the shell lightly at first. Once you’re happy with the shape darken them.
Now it’s your turn! Get out a piece of paper and a pencil and give it a try.
How do you draw a snail?
To draw a snail first make a small oval for the head.
Then add a larger oval below it for the body.
Make a spiral shape coming off the body for the shell.
Finally add two small dots for the eyes and some lines inside the shell.
What is the first step to drawing a snail?
The first step to drawing a snail is to make a small oval for the head.
What do you need to draw a snail?
All you need to draw a snail is a pencil and paper.
What does the spiral shape represent on a snail?
The spiral shape represents the snail’s shell.
Where do the eyes go on a snail?
The eyes go on the head on either side of the oval.
Do snails have mouths?
Snails do have mouths but they are very small and often hard to see.
They are located under the head.
How many colors do you need to draw a snail?
You only need one color to draw a snail.
Does the shell need to be one continuous line?
No the shell does not need to be one continuous line.
It can be made up of many small lines.
How long does it take to draw a snail?
It depends on how detailed you want your snail to be.
A simple snail can be drawn in just a minute or two.
What can you use to draw a snail?
You can use any type of pencil as long as it produces a fine line.
Pencils with lead that is too thick will be difficult to use for the small details.
What kind of paper is best to use?
Any type of paper can be used but smooth paper will be easier to work with.
Do you have to start with the head?
No you can start with the body if you want.
How do you make the shell look 3-dimensional?
To make the shell look 3-dimensional use light and dark lines to create shading.
What is the best way to erase mistakes?
Use a kneaded eraser to gently lift up the graphite without tearing the paper.
What do you do when you’re finished?
When you’re finished you can sign your name at the bottom of the page.