If you’re shipping with UPS you may be able to get a discount on your rates. Here’s how to negotiate UPS rates.
When it comes to shipping UPS rates can be expensive. But if you’re shipping large volumes or on a regular basis you may be able to negotiate a discount on your rates. Here’s how:
1. Contact UPS customer service and ask to speak to a representative about negotiating rates.
2. Make a case for why you deserve a discount. This could include factors such as shipping large volumes being a long-time customer or having a good track record of on-time payments.
3. Be prepared to negotiate. UPS rates are based on many factors so be prepared to discuss things like shipping frequency total volume and average package weight.
4. Be flexible. UPS rates are also based on things like the time of year and the day of the week. So if you’re flexible on when you ship you may be able to get a lower rate.
5. Don’t be afraid to walk away. If UPS isn’t willing to budge on their rates don’t be afraid to take your business elsewhere. There are other shipping companies out there that may be willing to give you a better deal.
negotiating UPS rates can save you money on your shipping costs. So if you’re shipping with UPS it’s worth your while to try to negotiate a discount.