If you have a black racer snake living in your home getting rid of it can be a challenge. These snakes are fast and agile making them difficult to catch. In addition they can be aggressive biting if they feel threatened. Here are some tips for getting rid of a black racer snake:
1. The best time to catch a black racer snake is at night when it is actively hunting. Use a powerful flashlight to illuminate the snake and then quickly grab it behind the head with a pair of thick gloves.
2. Another option is to set a trap. Choose a large container with an opening that the snake can easily fit through. Place some food (e.g. raw chicken or fish) inside the container and then place the container on its side so that the opening is facing up. The snake will smells the food and crawl into the container in order to get to it. Once the snake is inside quickly place a lid on the container to trap it.
3. If you have a pond or other body of water on your property you can use this to your advantage. Black racer snakes are good swimmers and will often congregate near water sources. To catch a snake using this method set a trap near the water’s edge using the same method as described in step 2. The snake will be drawn to the water and then caught in the trap.
4. Another option for catching black racer snakes is to use a net. This method is best used in areas where the snake has few places to hide. simply wait for the snake to cross your path and then quickly throw the net over it.
5. Once you have caught the black racer snake you can either release it into the wild or kill it. If you choose to kill the snake the most humane way to do so is by decapitation.
With these tips in mind getting rid of a black racer snake should be a relatively easy task.
How do you get black racer snakes out of your yard?
You can get black racer snakes out of your yard by removing their food source sealing up any openings and using a snake repellent.
What do black racer snakes eat?
Black racer snakes eat insects rodents and other small animals.
Are black racer snakes venomous?
No black racer snakes are not venomous.
How can you tell if a black racer snake is in your yard?
You may be able to see the snake itself or you may see signs of their prey such as rodents or insects.
What is the best way to remove a black racer snake from your property?
The best way to remove a black racer snake from your property is to catch it with a snake hook or similar tool and then release it into the wild.
How can you make your yard less attractive to black racer snakes?
You can make your yard less attractive to black racer snakes by removing their food source sealing up any openings and using a snake repellent.
What kind of snake is a black racer?
A black racer is a non-venomous snake that is common in the eastern United States.
Where do black racer snakes live?
Black racer snakes can be found in a variety of habitats including forests fields and even urban areas.
How big do black racer snakes get?
Black racer snakes can grow to be up to six feet long but most are only three to four feet long.
What is the lifespan of a black racer snake?
Black racer snakes typically live for three to five years although some have been known to live for up to 10 years.
What time of year are black racer snakes most active?
Black racer snakes are most active in the spring and summer months.
How often do black racer snakes eat?
Black racer snakes typically eat every few days although they may go for longer periods without food if they are not able to find prey.
What do baby black racer snakes look like?
Baby black racer snakes look like miniature versions of their adult counterparts.
How long does it take for black racer snakes to reach maturity?
Black racer snakes typically reach maturity within two to three years.
Do black racer snakes hibernate?
No black racer snakes do not hibernate.