If you’re trying to catch a smart rat there are a few things you need to know. First rats are intelligent creatures and can learn to avoid traps and bait. Second rats are attracted to food and shelter so you need to find a way to offer them what they want without being too obvious. And third rats are quick and agile so you need to be quick and agile too.
Here are some tips on how to catch a smart rat:
1. Use a trap that rats are not familiar with. Once a rat has been caught in a trap it is unlikely to be caught in the same trap again. So change up your traps to keep the rats guessing.
2. Bait the trap with food that rats like. Rats are attracted to foods that are high in fat and protein so peanut butter or cheese are good options.
3. Place the trap in an area where rats are likely to be. Rats like to travel along walls and in dark protected areas. So place your trap accordingly.
4. Be quick and agile. Rats are quick and agile so you need to be too. Set the trap and then check it frequently so that you can remove any caught rats before they escape.
5. Be patient. It may take some time to catch a rat so don’t give up too easily. Keep at it and eventually you will be successful.
How can you tell if a rat is smart?
Smart rats are often able to figure out complex puzzles and escape from traditional traps.