Rats are attracted to warmth and comfort so your bed is a likely target for these pests. If you have rats in your home you may find them crawling on your bed at night. Rats are capable of spreading disease so it’s important to take steps to prevent them from getting into your bed.
Here are some tips to keep rats away from your bed:
1. Keep your bed area clean and free of clutter. Rats like to hide in dark cluttered areas.
2. Store food in airtight containers and keep it away from your bed area.
3. Remove any rat hiding spots from your bed area such as piles of clothing or books.
4. Repair any holes or cracks in your walls or floor. rats can squeeze through tiny spaces.
5. Use a plastic storage bin as a bed frame. This will prevent rats from crawling underneath your bed.
6. Place traps around your bed. If you catch a rat take it outside and release it far away from your home.
If you follow these tips you can help prevent rats from getting on your bed.
Do rats get on your bed?
They may if they are looking for food or shelter.