Assuming you would like a blog post on how to make a monkey out of fondant:
“How to Make a Fondant Monkey”
What you will need:
-1/2 cup water
-1 1/2 cups sugar
-2 tablespoons light corn syrup
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-1/2 cup shortening
-3 tablespoons water
-4-1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar
-2 drops yellow gel food color
-1 drop red gel food color
-Disposable decorating bags
-#2 decorating tip
1) In a large saucepan stir together 1/2 cup water sugar corn syrup vanilla extract and salt. Heat over medium-high heat stirring constantly until mixture comes to a boil.
2) Add shortening and 3 tablespoons water. Stirring constantly bring mixture back to a boil. Remove from heat.
3) Stir in powdered sugar 1 cup at a time until mixture is smooth and forms a soft ball when rolled between your hands. Stir in yellow and red gel food color until desired shade is achieved.
4) Place fondant on a work surface dusted with powdered sugar. Knead until smooth. If fondant becomes too sticky add additional powdered sugar 1 tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is achieved.
5) To make the monkey’s body roll fondant into an oval shape. Make a small indentation in the center of the oval for the head.
6) For the head roll a small amount of fondant into a ball. Flatten slightly and attach to the body.
7) For the arms roll two small balls of fondant. Flatten slightly and attach to the sides of the body.
8) For the legs roll two small balls of fondant. Flatten slightly and attach to the bottom of the body.
9) To make the monkey’s face use a #2 decorating tip to pipe two small dots of fondant for the eyes. Pipe a small dot of fondant for the nose. Draw a mouth with a black food marker.
10) Allow monkey to dry completely on a sheet of wax paper.
What do you need to make a fondant monkey?
How do you make the monkey’s body?
How do you make the monkey’s arms?
How do you make the monkey’s legs?
How do you make the monkey’s ears?
How do you make the monkey’s eyes?
How do you make the monkey’s nose?
How do you make the monkey’s mouth?
How do you make the monkey’s tail?
How do you put it all together?
What does the finished product look like?
What are some other ways you can decorate your monkey?
What other animals can you make with fondant?
How do you store fondant animals?
Do you have any other tips for working with fondant?